Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best Use of Typography in Sharadin


For this week's type journal, our mission was to search the halls of the Sharadin Art Building to find the most interesting use of type. While on break during my Typography class, I stumbled upon a bunch of display cases, most of them containing various types of package design. Package design, to me, is very fascinating; I felt it very fitting to use an example of package design in my type journal this week. The package, or bottle, shown hear caught my attention right away. There were various bottles, each with a different flavor, but one can obviously tell they are from the same name brand. I really like the use of type with the imagery found at the neck of the bottles. The type itself may be a little too flashy for my taste, but overall the design and concept work really well here.

This picture was taken on Thursday, December 10th at around 5:15 PM in the main lobby of Sharadin.

No comments:

Post a Comment