Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good Type Gone Bad


This week, my type journal is exploring the idea of good type "gone bad." Using a particularly nice looking font for the wrong subject matter or one that disrupts visual hierarchy is something I despise. It tells me that the designer didn't really think about their overall design. Walking around Kutztown, there are many examples of this. The one that I choose was found in the SUB at around 5:00 on Thursday, November 5th. The use of the font for the headline actually doesn't really bother me; I would, however, change the green color. What does bother me is the use of the same font in a smaller text area towards the bottom left hand corner; why would someone use a display-ish looking font in smaller text? The pamphlet would look much better if that section of text utilized the same font used for the other small areas of text.

No comments:

Post a Comment