Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Good Typography"


This week, the task at hand was trying to find "good typography;" a pretty opened ended concept. I had the opportunity over this past weekend to go on the art bus trip to New York City and visit the Met. The area the Met is located has hundreds upon hundreds of examples of good type; it was so hard to choose only one to take a picture of, especially since my camera was about to die any minute. Towards the end of my trip, I found myself walking down Lexington, where there are a good amount of retail shops and restaurants. I came upon this nice little ice cream place and decided to take a picture of it. The name, Tasti-D-Lite, I think appealed to me just as much as the type itself, which is actually quite simple. The sans-serif font and the blue/ white stroke doesn't compete with the clever name of the store. The small logo of the ice cream cone thats next to it fits in nicely with the chosen font; the colors coordinate and it reiterates the fact that the store sells "tasty delights."

This picture was taken on Saturday, October 5th at around 6:00 PM in New York City on Lexington and 84th Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment