Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hand-Rendered Typography


It's the third week of my typography journal and my work load still hasn't gotten any lighter. I wish I could do these sooner in the week, but my life has been occupied by thumbnails, thumbnails, and more thumbnails that it has made it impossible. But anyway, my post this week is on hand-rendered typography. Looking around campus, I couldn't really find a good example. Honestly, most of the hand-written type was poor, and I felt it not worthy to show on here. When I came home, however, I realized that my mom has many country prints which include hand written type. This picture is one of them; it was taken around 7:30 at my house on Thursday, October 1st. Looking at it closely, I could see the pencil lines that are underneath the paint. It, also, was the first thing I saw walking into my door today. Even though I originally wanted something of a poster to put on here, the rustic quality of this crafty print does the job just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment