Thursday, October 22, 2009

Poor Kerning


For this week's type journal, my assignment was to find an example of bad kerning. Once you finally figure out what kerning is, it is easy to find poor examples of it. Once I arrived home from bowling practice today, I went on a search in my room to find an example. The example I found was on a plaque I had received for winning the county championship in my junior year of high school. The picture was taken at about 10:45 on Thursday, October 22nd. Overall, I feel the letters are spaced too far apart; the "G" especially needs to fit in tighter with the "A" and the "L" next to it. The best spacing on the word is probably in the last two letters, the "E" and the "S," but even those can be taken in a little bit. I feel that if the letters fit tighter, the word "EAGLES" would read much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment